Roof Repair, Restoration and Replacement
A roof replacement is the removal of the existing roof and installation of a new roofing system. This is a good option if damage to the roof is extensive, the roof has been re-covered once before or the insulation needs to be replaced.
- Good long-term option when properly maintained
- Roof deck can be thoroughly inspected for any underlying issues
If the roof is fundamentally sound and has good insulation, a re-cover or roof coating may be a good alternative to a full replacement.
A re-cover is the installation of a new roofing system over an existing roof.
- Reduction of debris to manage and less disruption than a full tear off
- The roof is not being removed and exposing the building to potential water damage
- Less expensive than a full removal and replacement
A roof coating may be an option to restore your roof in lieu of a re-cover or replacement. There are many types to choose from to select the coating that is best designed for your particular roof.
- Reflective coatings can lower energy consumption
- Short term cost savings, less expensive than re-cover or replacement
- Long term cost savings, less expensive to maintain and extends the life of the roof
- Potential LEED points
- Ease of installation and less business disruption
Some minor problems on a roof can be easily repaired, so they don’t warrant the expense of a replacement or restoration.
- Less costly than restoration or replacement
- Properly maintaining your roof extends its life and protects the building's occupants