Safety Coordinator - Houston, TX
Chamberlin Roofing & Waterproofing is an established commercial specialty contractor that provides roofing, sheet metal, waterproofing, caulking, building and garage construction and restoration services as well as related maintenance and leak repair. We are a leader in our industry with a reputation for excellence.
Chamberlin is seeking potential candidates for the role of Safety Coordinator in our Houston location. This position will include but will not be limited to daily safety audits, development of site specific safety plans, conducting safety meetings and training, OSHA compliance/inspections, job hazard analysis, incident response, and working with general contractor’s safety personnel to ensure Chamberlin’s compliance with site specific safety requirements. This position reports to the Safety Director and will be primarily field based.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have basic proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Must have a valid driver's license
- No drug or alcohol related conviction on driving record in the past 5 years
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Must be able to work a full-time schedule at 40 hours a week or greater
- Must be Bilingual (Spanish & English)
- Must possess OSHA 500 Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in occupational safety and health or in a safety-related field preferred or 1-3 years of experience in a safety-related position
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Team player
- Ability to solve problems
- Starts On: March 7, 2018, 8 a.m.